PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMISSIONER OF SCHOOL EDUCATION,
ANDHRA PRADESH, HYDERABAD
Rc.No.641/Text Books-1/2016 Date:06-08-2016
Sub:- SE – 70th year of Independence on 15.08.2016 decided that the period from 09.08.2016 to 23.08.2016 should be declared as Azadi 70 – Yaad Karo Kurbani (Freedom Fortnight) – Reg.
Read: 1. Mail received from the PS to Prl.Secretary to Govt.(SE), A.P., Secretariat.
2. Govt.Memo No.319192/General/A1/2016, dt.04.08.2016.
&& && &&
The attention of the all the District Educational Officers in the State are invited to the references read above and informed that the Government in their Memo No. 319192/General/A1/2016, dt.04.08.2016 have requested to issue instructions to all schools including Private and Aided Schools to carry out as many activities and each School as possible, while ensuring that each Primary/Upper Primary / Elementary /Secondary Schools takes up at least one activity and each Higher Secondary School takes up at least two activities. In addition, the mass singing of the National Anthem at 11.00 AM on Tuesday, the 23rd August, 2016 should apply to all School Children and they are also like to cover the events of Freedom Movement of 1857 and the Independence Struggle, in celebrations. Further they are informed to celebrate the activities at school level from 9th to 23rd August 2016. Copy of suggested activities is herewith enclosed.
Therefore, they are requested to issue instructions to all schools including private and aided schools accordingly and submit action taken report to this office.
Sd/- K. Sandhya Rani,
Commissioner of School Education
All the District Educational Officers in the State.
ACTIVITIES AT THE SCHOOL LEVEL TO CELEBRATE
“AZADI 70” FROM 9TH TO 23RD AUGUST, 2016
1. To have a mass recitation of the National Anthem by all school students in the State/UT, including in private and aided schools, at 11.00 AM on Tuesday 23rd August which is the terminal day of the fortnight long celebrations.
2. School children could paint greeting cards for jawans posted at the border stations. These could be sent to the nearest or any APO for forwarding to the jawans.
3. Students may undertake a mass tree plantation drive which could inculcate the idea of sustainable development among the students.
4. Schools can invite persons who can talk to the students regarding the freedom movement of 1857, and the Independence Struggle. This include writers, academics and persons from the defence forces (retired or serving). The focus can be on martyrs from that State/UT or local area.
5. Painting competition.
6. Elocution Competition
7. Freedom run
8. Essay writing competition
9. Play with freedom movement as them.
10. Slogan writing competition
11. Patriotic songs – singing competition.
Rc.641,70th year of Independence on 15.08.2016 decided that the period from 09.08.2016 to 23.08.2016 should be declared as Azadi 70 – Yaad Karo Kurbani (Freedom Fortnight)