|Please follow the user guide before filling the Application.|
|DOWNLOAD User Guide|
NMMS 2015 PRESS NOTE
NMMS 2015 DEO INSRUCTIONS
NMMS 2015-HM Instructions
a) Last date to submit the application form through online. 19-09-2015 (Saturday)
b) Last date for remittance of fee in shape of Demand Drafts by the Head Masters. 23-09-2015 (Wednesday)
c) Last date for submission of printed nominal rolls along with demand drafts and other enclosures in the O/o. The District Educational Office concerned by the School HMs. 26-09-2015 (Saturday)
d) Last date for submission of Demand Drafts along with soft copy of list of demand drafts by the concerned DEO’s to O/o. the Director of Government Examinations, A.P., Hyderabad.
|For any queries contact the following numbers|
|1. Sri. Ch. Nageswara Rao.|
Phone Number : 9866019544
|2. Sri. Rama Chandra Murthy|
Addl. Joint Secretary.
Phone Number : 9177002460, 040 - 23237345
- The Ministry for Human Resource Development, Government of India has launched centrally sponsored National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (N.M.M.S.S). Under this scheme an examination will be conducted and selected candidates will get the scholarship.
- Every year 1, 00,000 students will be selected throughout India. Out of which 4087 scholarships are being allotted to Residuary Andhra Pradesh and have been distributed among the districts basing on enrollment in VII and VIII Classes for each academic year.
- The Director of Government Examinations, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad is conducting NMMS examination from August 2008.
- This examination is conducted every year in the month of November for the students in class VIII studying inGovernment/ Local Body/Municipal/Aided Schools are eligible for this examination.
- The candidates who got minimum 55% of marks for OC/BC candidates and 50% for SC/ST in VII Standard.
- The beneficiaries are being selected basing on the merit and as per the reservation norms followed by the state.
- State Norms including 3% reservation for P.H candidates. (S.C 15%; S.T 6%; B.C-A 7%; B.C-B 10%; B.C-C 1%; B.C-D 7%) regarding BC-E implementation in NMMS Examination will be considered after receipt of clarification from the government.
- Pattern of Examination is as follows:
- Mental Ability Test (M.A.T) – 90 marks multiple choice questions.
- Scholastic Ability Test (S.A.T) – 90 marks covering social science, science and mathematics of class VII & VIII. Each question carry one mark
- Qualifying percentage is as follows:
- Gen 40% B.C 35% S.C/S.T/P.H 25%
- The Govt vide G.O Rt No.713 dated 25/09/2008, permitted the Director of Government Examinations to collect Rs.100/- for O.C/B.C and Rs. 50/- from S.C/S.T towards examination fee.
- The candidate’s parental income should be below Rs. 1,50,000/- p.a.
- The awardee will receive a sum of Rs. 6000/- per annum for which the awardee shall have to open a joint account with their parents in any S.B.I or in any Nationalized Banks which has core banking facility/ESC facility. On providing the Bank account number list by the states, the Ministry for Human Resource Development, New Delhi will sanction the scholarships and send such list to the SBI, New Delhi for disbursement of scholarships to the awardees. The candidate will get the scholarship amount through SBI, New Delhi on quarterly basis directly.
Organization : Directorate of Education
Scholarship Name : NMMS 2015-16 National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship
Applicable For : Class VIII
Applicable State/UT : Delhi
Website : http://www.edudel.nic.in/
Application Form : http://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/2659-Nmms.pdf
NMMS 2015-16 National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship:
1. First Stage National Talent Search Exam. (NTSE)-2016 ( 2nd Stage to be conducted by NCERT) and National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Examination NMMS (2015-16).
2. Junior Science Talent Search Examination JSTS 2015-16 Reg. As you are already aware that Science Branch. Directorate of Education, Delhi conducts the above Scholarship Examinations.