PUBLIC SERVICES – Direct Recruitment – Raising of Upper Age Limit by 10 years for the ensuing recruitments through Telangana State Public Service Commission and other Recruiting Agencies – Orders – Issued.
- Government has been according top priority for filling vacancies in Government Departments by direct recruitment to provide employment opportunities to the educated youth, consequent on formation of State of Telangana. Clearances are also being given to the TSPSC and also other recruiting agencies for notifying the vacancies.
- A number of representations have been received from unemployed youth, and also from the public representatives for considering relaxation of upper age limit for direct recruitment to enable more unemployed youth to become eligible to compete in the recruitment Process and the matter has been referred to the Cabinet Sub-Committee constituted – vide G.O. 2nd read above and the said committee reviewed the matter and made certain recommendations.
- Government after careful examination of the matter, hereby decided to raise the upper age limit by 10 years i.e. from 34 years to 44 years for the ensuing direct recruitments in various categories of posts to be notified by the recruiting agencies in the State
- Accordingly, the following adhoc rule is issued raising the upper age limit of 34 years prescribed in Rule 12 of State and Subordinate Service Rules, by ten years for the direct recruitments
- The following notification will be published in the Telangana State Gazette
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India, the Governor of Telangana hereby makes the following Adhoc rule, namely:-
Notwithstanding anything contained in the State and Sub-ordinate Service Rules or in the Special or Adhoc Rules for any State and Subordinate Services, the maximum age limit prescribed in the said rules for appointment by direct recruitment shall be raised by “Ten years” i.e., from 34 years to 44 years for a period of one year from the date of issue of G.O., to the various categories of posts to be notified for the purpose of direct recruitment, by all the recruiting agencies in the State. The age concession over and above the upper age limit shall also be allowed in accordance with the Rule 12 of the State and Subordinate Service Rules.