RC.No.276/P6.112014 -2 Date:19-06-2015
Sub: Schoul Education - Safety of the school children - certification of the maintenance of busses by the Eiducationat Institutions in the State - guidelines issued - Regarding
The schools, especially under private managements are running school busses/ vehicles for transporting school children. Several incidences of mishaps to school buses in various parts or the State confirm that the buses are not rniAintained up to the required extent by the school management, Moreover, there have also benri instances of appointment of in-trairted drives, to man school buses, reckless driving causing grievous injuries to children, etc..
All the Regional Joint Directors of School Education and the District Educational Officers in the State are, therefore, instructed to take up a. special drive to check the school busses and se the following preventive measures are followed properly for the safety of the school children:
▪ The school buses/vehicles shall be properly maintained, should be road worthy and should posses the relevant certificate of fitness.
▪ Appropriate provision is being made on the Commissioner School Education web portal and instructions will he issued separately_ The fitness certificate should be obtained from the concerned Manageirnent for every bus they are operating and the same should be uploaded in the web portal of the Commissioner School Education,
• Every vehicle, bus, van or such other means of tranmj.orti carrying school children shall hold a proper permithzermisRion from the WA..
• The vehicle should be manned by train.ed., experienced and well versed driver. The bus driver engaged should have needed driving experience_
• The vehicle /bus driver Should not have been chailaned more than 5 times for tra,flic violation like jumping red tight, improper parking,. violating stop line, unauthorized lane changing, overtaking etc. and ought not to have been challaned for an offence under any section of Tro.ffic/RTA n.-.1.:eg during the period of requisite experience of 5 Years, • shoot vehicles/ buses transporting school students shall have an attendant. The attendant should be adequately brained to handle young children,
• All schools shall en re that the vehicles/ busses drop all the children are dropped inside the boundary wall of the school.. a All the vehicles/busses transporting of school chikiren shall carry First-Aid-Box and Fire Extinguisher as required wider the rules...
DOWNLOAD..Rc.276,Safety of the school children - certification of the maintenance of busses in AP