- Introduction : In accordance with the National Policy of Education (1986), Government of India started Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) all over the country except Tamil Nadu. These are co-educational, residential schools, fully financed by Government of India and run by an autonomous organization, Navodaya Vidyalaya, under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. Though admission to these Vidyalayas is at Class VI level, in order to optimally utilize infrastructure facilities available, vacant seats at Class IX level are filled through an All India level Selection Test. While education in the schools is free including boarding, lodging, uniforms and textbooks, a nominal fee of Rs.200/- per month will have to be collected from the children from IX to XII Class. However, children belonging to SC/ST, Girls and from the families whose income is below poverty line are exempted from payment of fees.2.0 Objectives of the Scheme2.1 To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, adventure activities and physical education to the talented children from rural areas without regard to their family’s socio-economic condition.2.2 To ensure that students attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula; and2.3 To serve in each district as focal point for improvement of quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities.3.0 State -wise distribution of Jawahar Navodaya VidyalayasAs per the provisions of the Scheme, one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is to be set up in each district. At present, there are 596 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya spread over 34 States and UTs
- HOW TO APPLY FOR JAWAHAR NAVODAYA VIDYALAYA SELECTION TEST FOR ADMISSION IN IX CLASSVidyalaya wise vacant seats in IX class have already been notified. Application for admission to IX class can be made in the prescribed application Performa, attached to this Prospectus, obtainable free of charge from the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district.
- Only those candidates who have studied in class VIII during the Academic Session in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought.
3. Candidates seeking admission must not have been born before _____________ and after__________. This will apply to candidates of all categories including those belonging to SC/ST.4. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate in case a doubt regarding age certificate produced by the candidate before the admission is given
- Candidate appearing for the selection test must pass Class VIII in the academic session from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
- COMPOSITION OF THE TESTSelection Test will consist of subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. Difficulty level of the test paper shall be Class VIII.NATURE OF THE SELECTION TEST :SL NO.SUBJECTMARKS1ENGLISH152HINDI153MATHS354SCIENCE35TOTAL100
Skip to content